Thursday, May 30, 2013

Never Trust A Woman With Three Names

I’m a pretty uncomplicated guy. I enjoy simple things. I’m not a Wine and Filet Mignon kind of guy; I’m more a Fritos and Diet Mt. Dew guy. I try to not hurt people and I try to help people whenever I can. I thank God several times a day for the way He has blessed me and given me more than I could ever need.

I don’t have a lot of rules that I live my life by but I do have one steadfast rule: Never, ever trust a woman with three names.
Now, I have women friends who have three names and they are fine people. Never had a relationship with one. Can't do it. It all comes down to two, fairly simple points:
1). There's the trust issue.
2). I never know what to call a woman who has three names.
If a woman waffles on her name or puts a hyphen in there after she marries, why would you trust her on anything important? She obviously cannot make a decision.

So, unlike many people, I was not surprised in the least when I heard Karen Carter Peterson (see, three names) on the Louisiana Senate floor labeling her colleagues who oppose ObamaCare as “Racists”.

You see, I’ve never trusted her either.
Now, for the record, I’m white and I oppose ObamaCare but, not because I’m a “Racist”. I’ve always believed in limited government and ObamaCare exemplifies Big Government at its worst.

Under ObamaCare, a Doctor will need to consult with a Nurse (Case Manager) to get you admitted into the hospital. How does that make sense? No disrespect to Nurses but, isn’t it logical that a Doctor knows more about how to treat your affliction than a nurse?
Under ObamaCare, President Obama is attempting to increase the annual budget of the IRS by $1 Billion dollars to hire 6,000 new IRS agents. These IRS agents will be allegedly investigating business tax returns to ensure that businesses that are mandated to furnish their employees with health insurance. Or will they be investigating Tea Party Groups and why is the IRS, a tax collector, involved in program administration anyway?

I could keep going but, I think you get the point. I don’t care that President Obama is Black. He could be Green or any other color in the Crayola Box and I would still oppose ObamaCare.
Like I said, I’m not a “Racist”. But, I bet if someone reads this to Senator Karen Carter Peterson, who also happens to be the Chairwoman of the Louisiana Democratic Party, she would think so.

In her own words, here is Senator Peterson or Senator Carter Peterson – see, you don’t know what to call her:
PETERSON: It shouldn’t be about this administration at the state level, nor should it be about the federal administration when it comes to ObamaCare, but in fact it is. And why is that? Why is that? I have talked to so many members, both in the House and the Senate, and you know what? You ready? What it comes down to? It’s not about how many federal dollars we can receive. It’s not about that. You ready? It’s about race. No, nobody wants to talk about that. It’s about the race of this African American president, because this same thing has been offered by former Speaker Newt Gingrich in the past. Yeah, he had a similar bill to what Obama, President Obama has offered. Similar legislation was offered. It comes down to the race of the President of the United States, which causes people to disconnect and step away from the substance of the bill.

Sorry KCP, my opposition to ObamaCare isn’t about race; it’s not about Federal Dollars; not about Medicaid percentages either. No, for this White guy, it’s about Big Government and you can call me all the names that you want but, that’s enough of a reason for me.